10 Questions Raised By The Video For Positive K's "I Got a Man" Upon Re-Examination in the Year 2007
1. Is Positive K wearing Joseph's actual "amazing technicolor dreamcoat?"
2. Is chasing orange spandex suit-wearing women up a flight of stairs evidence of a serious psychological disturbance, or is it completely justifiable behavior?
3. Is Positive K's ability to rap as both the man and the woman in the song one of the most supreme vocal achievements of the 20th century?
4. What does "I'm not a dove baby, so don't play me like a clown," really mean?
5. Should the styles of Puerto Rican video ho's in New York City circa 1993, forever be known as of "The Rosie Perez" era.
6. If you were hitting on a girl and she asked you, "Are a you a chef? Cuz you keep me feeding me soup," is the only acceptable response to nod your head, smile and mention that you are indeed a sous chef capable of making a spectacular pasta fagioli?
7. Was K's usage of the word "ragamuffin," the only time in U.S. hip-hop history that the word was ever used? Either way, can we all agree to bring back the word "ragamuffin," because of how fun it is to write the word "ragamuffin."
8. Should the styles of African-American video ho's in New York City circa 1993, forever be known as of the "Tisha Campbell" era?
9. Was the moment when K declares that he'll do anything for his women but "buy her things and take [her] out," the basis for the philosophy of Outkast's groundbreaking treatise on women's lib, "We Luv Deez Hoez." Specifically, the part where Big Boi says, and I quote, "I told y'all n---z about them taking them ho's to the Cheesecake Factory, letting them order strawberry lemonade and popcorn shrimp....they ain't gonna' do nuthin' but try to take all your motherfuckin' cheese."
10. Should the song end when Positive K refers to himself as "big daddy longstroke" and the girls' man as "Pee Wee Herman?" I believe in chess they call that a checkmate.