The Passion of the Weiss

Sometimes I rhyme slow, sometimes I rhyme quick. But most of the time, I don't rhyme.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Links from Lovitz

If you want the real post for today you're going to have to head on over to Floodwatch music , where I'm guest blogging for the day. As you might imagine from the photo above, the post in question concerns one of the most forgettable movies ever made: High School High. More specifically, it analyzes its surprisingly memorable soundtrack, featuring cuts from Wu Tang, Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul & The Roots. Lots of MP3's, lots of jokes about Rollie Fingers, good times. Check it out.

Autopsy of a Soundtrack:
High School High


Hi! My Name's Jon, I Enjoy Stand-Up Comedy, Vast Quantities of Food, $1,000 Sunglasses & The Tanning Salon...
In Other News:
I Guess I'm Floating offers a full stream of Arizona's upcoming EP

Nerd Litter Posts His 10 Best Albums of the Year Thus Far

Hidden Track offers up the 10 Best Singing Drummers


Dave Rawkblog makes a 4th of July mixtape

Souled on Music drops some gems ranging from Roberta Flack and Willie Hightower to MF Doom and Biggie rarities

Jamie Radford sheds some light on an "ironic" hip-hop fashion company and their models who should all be placed in a burlap sack and beaten with reeds.

3 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger Ekko said...

I hate Lovitz. Ruined News Radio. But you're right, the soundtrack doesn't suck.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Scholar said...

Jeff---Thank you kindly for the link, my friend. This is still one of the best blogs in the known universe, so getting a nod from you is pretty serious business as far as I'm concerned.

Loved the post over @ Floodwatch, too. The High School High ST is a staple in my collection as well.

Be easy...

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous angrycitizen said...

i love Lovitz. the guy oozes creepiness, which is aces in my book. and he's funny to boot. I might be the only one that really likes high school high, in that, i'm bored, lets watch a movie way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home