The Passion of the Weiss

Sometimes I rhyme slow, sometimes I rhyme quick. But most of the time, I don't rhyme.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lights, Camera, Party Fun Action

Because The Party Fun Action Committee's "Let's Get Serious" is the best album that you've never heard, I felt obligated to defend its genius over at Stylus. It's for the website's On Second Thought column, which re-examines a film or album thought to be overlooked or overrated. Naturally, I'm arguing for the brilliance of this satirical rap album that mocks everyone from R. Kelly to MC Paul Barman to Depeche Mode. I'm willing to say that it's probably the funniest and most offensive album I've ever heard. Trust me on this one.

Go to their Myspace page and listen to the outtakes that didn't make the album. Especially
"Your Vagina" an unbelievably spot-on John Mayer parody and "Beer," a cut which did make the album, and serves to mock Massachusetts frat boys (needless to say Blockhead went to BU).
And while you're at it, download these two cuts from the album, "Whatchu Know Now," which mocks Limp Bizkit, Korn and Creed, and "Be My Lady," which lampoons Nelly and Ja Rule.

Download:

The Party Fun Action Committee
-"Whatchu Know Now," (right-click, save-as)

The Party Fun Action Committee-"Be My Lady," (right-click, save-as)

And tune in tomorrow to see which one of these lieutenants of lame make Part II of The Most Obnoxious People in Music (in honor of Howie Mandel).

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Scott said...

love the obnoxious musicians expose. And, yes I am 100% in agreement with you, Mutations is his masterpiece.

In other news, that MMJ live CD kicks ass. Thanks for the recc.

-Sampson Simpson

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous zilla likes comedy said...

PFAC is almost as good as this chai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home