The Passion of the Weiss

Sometimes I rhyme slow, sometimes I rhyme quick. But most of the time, I don't rhyme.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Video To Entertain You While You're Bored In School



As my time-wasting skills have been honed to razor-sharp ability, I have no time to do a "real "blog this afternoon. I apologize to all seven people who have been breathlessly anticipating an update. And by breathlessly anticipating an update, I mean bored as all hell at work and clicking on my blog to see what sort of invective I'd spew today....there will be an update late tonight so check for it if insomnia is your bag.

In the meantime, entertain yourself with Ghostface Killah's classic video for "Daytona 500," off of his first album "Ironman," one of the best hip-hop albums ever recorded. And if you haven't picked up his latest album "Fischscale," you really should. It's the best major label rap album I've heard since Jay-Z's "The Blueprint." It even reinvigorated the normally rap-averse Nate Jones' love of hip-hop, which says a lot.

And if you're still bored, I've just updated by blog roll, please check out some of the new links that I've put up there. Blogging sort of reminds me of that zen koan about a tree falling in the woods. If a blog isn't linked to, in a way it sort of doesn't exist, so I feel its rather important to give a shout out to the other like-minded souls out there. In particular, check out the new blog of one of my closest friends Davy Crockett, (yes that is his real name). I assume that most of my readers are of the the liberal persuasion. Crockett is definitely not. But if you'd like hear the viewpoints of a very smart conservative minded individual, check it out. Even if you don't agree I think its always important to expose yourself to the other side. Unless the other side's name is Ann Coulter.

Also if you're into music, especially if you live in the LA area, check out the Floating Away blog, for some informed music criticism, mp3s, concert reviews and general thoughts on life. And you know that anyone who lists Band of Horses, Jose Gonzalez and Destroyer among his favorite bands of the moment has good taste (I highly recommend those albums too).

Also for LAites and others who like good music and such check out You Set The Scene. This blog is one of the best out there for music criticism and Duke, the writer of the site is generous enough to provide tons of MP3s. And again, if someone references a song from the band Love in their blog title, it's safe to say that they know what's up. If you don't have Love's "Forever Changes" CD, please do yourself a favor and go out and buy it. It's easily one of my top 10 of all-time and I'm not the only one, Jim Morrison once claimed that the Kinks and Love were his two favorite bands of the 60s.

Or you could just say it in the words of Chef Raekwon in the song "Daytona 500" that I've posted up above.

"Say peace to cats who rock mack knowledge"

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous firingi said...

Here's a useful resources on natural self defense breast cancer worth a look: http://breast-cancer1.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home